Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Exercise in egocentrism?


I hope not. That is the farthest thing from what I want this blog to be. That being said, I suppose one cannot blog without a tad of it. What else to talk about? How to justify putting it out there if not at least partially for one's self?


I have been following some awesome blogs for some time now that have been great for ideas and inspiration for sewing/clothing design, parenting, and health and fitness. In thinking about my relationship with these areas and reading the journies of others, I have arrived at my area of expertise, my niche, the market that I own outright, and it is......imperfection. So this blog will include accounts of my attempts to sew, accessorize, parent, and not get fatter....and will hopefully exclude topics directly related to my profession. Of course, that's easy for me to say while it is still summer, while I am still reveling in excused laziness in the form of "vacation recovery" and "quality time with children." Come August, when the alien re-invades my body, takes over my household, and begins its inevitable mind-control schemes that rob me of sleep, peace, and my good nature, I may inadvertently mention the "s" word BUT if I vow now that this blog will be about my life outside of work, maybe it will force me to have one. A tall order for a year that will bring so much change and so much more responsibility...all the more reason to get a life, right?


Blogs I love (so you should, too):

Blue Cricket Design
V and Co.
Crap I've Made
Little Miss Momma
Rage Against the Minivan
MADE
Made by Lex
Lil Blue Boo
A Beautiful Mess
Darcy's Health and Fitness Journey
Getting Back to Me...
Geaux Healthy

Ok, there are more, but I think this is enough for your first assignment...

EVENTS OF MARGINAL INTEREST THAT TRANSPIRED DURING THE COMPOSITION OF THIS POST:

Had my body scanned to find out I need to lose at least 16.8 pounds of body fat to be in a healthy range

Received a creepy smile from a man at the gas station wearing too much cologne

Retrieved the silicone Big Top Cupcake from a high shelf to avoid a Penny Lane meltdown; she believes it is her hat...

Cried over spilled milk...it was a full glass!!


Yeah,
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. I totally love your blog, and cant wait to read more!! Hint, Hint;) I hope you will continue to end with "EVENTS OF MARGINAL INTEREST THAT TRANSPIRED DURING THE COMPOSITION OF THIS POST:" I was rolling!!

    Thanks for all the blog links! I SO want to get into sewing, and now that I'm be taking back my sewing room...I really should start sewing:) Any great ideas for babies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this blog, Caroline! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mrs. D Tomorrow I will be working on a ruffle-butt onesie for a gift. There are tutorials on really cute burp cloths all over the web, too. Plenty to keep you busy until grandbaby arrives!

    ReplyDelete